Open Arms provides free and confidential counselling to anyone who has served at least one day in the ADF, their partners and families.
In 2017, our eligibility criteria was expanded and now includes:
- current serving Royal Australian Navy, Australian Army and Royal Australian Air Force personnel
- ADF personnel transitioning to civilian life
- ex-serving members
- partners and children of serving and ex-serving personnel
- ex-partners who are co-parenting
- reservists with one day continuous full time service or hazardous service.
Where there has been a death of a service person, parents and siblings can also access the service. We provide free and confidential counselling and support.
The following document provides a quick overview of eligibility criteria.
Call Open Arms on 1800 011 046 to learn more about your eligibility, and how we can provide services that are right for you.
Open Arms – Veterans and Veterans Family Counselling (formerly VVCS) was founded by Australia's Vietnam veterans after a difficult chapter in Australia's history
Open Arms specialises in giving you access to free face-to-face counselling as soon as possible. We are committed to your privacy and confidentiality and will not share information with DVA without your consent.
Open Arms offers free and confidential counselling, and in some circumstances working with the DVA or ADF.