Staying on top of your finances can be a key enabler to living well. If you have served, it can be common to get into debt post-ADF due to unexpected civilian expenses.
- Track your spending to understand where your money is going
- Saving goals to set, plan, track and manage your savings goals
- MoneySmart Cars app to find out how much a car will really cost you
- Budget planner
- Mortgage calculator
- Financial advice toolkit to find and prepare to meet with a financial adviser
ADF Financial Services Consumer Centre
The ADF Financial Services Consumer Centre (ADF Consumer) provides financial and consumer education for ADF members. The site contains useful resources such as:
- information on superannuation schemes for ADF members
- a financial advice referral program that lists financial advisors with no remuneration-based conflicts of interest
Head to Health finances
Mental health and financial safety are strongly linked. Experiencing a mental illness can add to financial stresses, and financial stresses can add to a mental illness.
Head to Health has some great resources to help with managing financial stress.
If you are in a crisis, Bravery Trust can provide emergency financial relief for essentials such as food, rent, bills, education, clothing and transport.
Bravery Trust provides emergency financial relief to serving & ex-serving members of the Australian Defence Force who have a serious injury or illness as a result of their service.
Bravery Trust also provides veteran specific financial counselling. The free, confidential service provides advice & assistance about debts, creating a budget & negotiating with creditors on your behalf.
New opportunities and unique challenges will present themselves. Whether it's a month or a year since you left the ADF, it pays to know what help is available.
Stepping Out is one of our most popular workshops, designed specifically for ADF personnel transitioning to civilian life.
Open Arms counsellors and staff have an understanding of veteran and military culture that assists them to deliver specialised support and care to members of this community.