Alcohol and other drug referrals

DVA has established a panel of community-based providers to assist in treating those experiencing alcohol and other substance use disorders.

DVA community-based AOD services panel

  • You can download a list of the current providers (PDF) on this panel, including their indicative service location and service offerings.
  • These providers have been assessed against the DVA Core Service Standards (PDF) for the Provision of AOD services to the Veteran Community.
  • In order to access services through these arrangements, individuals must be eligible for treatment, and referred through either a medical practitioner (for instance, a GP or psychiatrist), the Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service (Open Arms), a hospital discharge planner or other DVA Allied Mental Health provider. For more information, see the DVA website.

Open Arms

Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling provides interventions for alcohol and substance use conditions. We can also provide case management support for veterans and eligible family members to access specialist drug and alcohol treatment services, including pharmacotherapy and inpatient options. Contact Open Arms on 1800 011 046.

Alcohol and other drug providers

Access to drug and alcohol specialist referral, information and telephone counselling can be accessed via the following 24-hour state-specific helplines.




South Australia

New South Wales


Northern Territory

Western Australia

See also

  • Alcohol and substance use

    If your alcohol or drug use is becoming a problem for you or those around you, there are strategies and tools you can use to get it under control.
  • Counselling

    Open Arms can provide individual, couple and family counselling to help improve your resilience, as well as enhance your mental health and wellbeing. Call 1800 011 046 for free and confidential 24/7 support.
  • Treatment programs and workshops

    Open Arms offers group treatment programs and educational workshops, relationship retreats, and suicide prevention workshops.