Dr Andrew Khoo (Chair)
NAC start date: 2015
Dr Andrew Khoo attained his fellowship from the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists in 2002. Receiving the college medal for his dissertation on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Andrew is the director of day programs at Toowong Private Hospital. A position held since 2004. In 2016, he was nominated to the position of Director of Medical Services and Chair of the Medical Council.
He has worked as a private psychiatrist in the Brisbane metropolitan area since 2002. For the last 18 years Andrew has specialised in provided group therapy at Toowong Private Hospital for:
He holds academic title with the University of Queensland within the School of Medicine. He has a strong record of publishing academic papers in peer reviewed psychiatric journals.
Andrew is a leader in approaches to managing trauma and enhancing mental health. He contributes to many boards and steering committees, including positions such as:
- member of the Department of Veteran’s Affairs Clinical Reference Group.
- Deputy Chair of Open Arms National Advisory Committee
- Reference Group Psychiatrist for Phoenix Australia's Centre for Post-traumatic Mental health. Centenary of Anzac Centre.
- the Working Group for the RANZCP Military and Veterans mental Health Network a
- College representative on Senate Inquiries and Productivity Commission hearings.
- Psychiatric Advisor to the Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation
- member of the Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation Strategic Oversight Committee.
- member of the Qcomp Medical Assessment Tribunals.
Andrew is a spokesperson for best practice in Veteran’s Mental Health and managing trauma. He has chaired, been interviewed and presented on numerous panels around Australia.