Mr Ken Foster
Medal of the Order of Australia – Vietnam Veteran
NAC start date: 2018
Ken Foster is the National President of the Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia. His other involvements include:
- Department of Veterans Affairs Ex-service Round Table Member
- Department of Veterans Affairs Operational Working Party Member
- Advocacy Training and Development Program, Strategic Governance Board Member
- Australian Veterans’ Children Assistance Trust, Deputy Chair
- Sydney Legacy, member
- Ingleburn NSW RSL Sub Branch Member
Ken served in the Australian Army from 1959 to 1980. He saw overseas service in:
- South Vietnam
- Papua New Guinea
He retired as a Warrant officer Class 1, and for the next 10 years worked in warehousing and sales. Ill health led to an early retirement.
He has been an active member of the ex-service community in various roles since 1990. Ken is an active compensation and wellness advocate. Assisting both past and current generations of veterans and their families.
Ken was awarded the Order of Australia Medal in 2011 in recognition of his service to the ex-service community.