Brekky on the go smoothie
"I just love this because it is a quick, nourishing, balanced and filling recipe that is perfect for any time of the day. It also meets your daily fruit intake needs at one go! " Tara Diversi APD DVA's Dietetics Adviser
- 1 small banana or ½ medium banana (frozen works well*)
- * Use ice if banana isn’t frozen
- 1/3 cup frozen berries (such as raspberries or mixed)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- ¾–1 cup milk (depends how thick you like it)
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp sultanas
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp almonds/LSA (linseed, soy, almonds) or natural peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add more milk if needed or more ice to make it thicker.
- Serve and drink immediately or pour into a portable cup and drink on your way out the door!