Choc peanut energy bites
"And you thought energy bites were confined to the world of hipsters! Well, bring out your inner hipster with these nutritious, easy to make energy bites for a delicious ‘pick-me-up’ any time of the day!" Tara Diversi APD DVA's Dietetics Adviser
- 1 cup raw almonds (or a combo with walnuts)
- ½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts or ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tbsp sweetener (maple syrup/ honey/ agave)
- 1–2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp of plain buckinis (optional)
- Soak dates for 10 mins in hot water.
- In food processor/ blender, blitz nuts, coconut, and chia seeds until fine.
- Rinse dates and add to blender with cacao powder and maple syrup, and 1 tbsp water. Blend well.
- Check if mixture is sticky and easy to roll into balls, if not, add another tbsp water.
- Once mixture is ready, stir buckinis into mixture and roll into 12 balls.