Protein packed smoothie
"Protein is the building block of our bodies and it is really important that we get enough at every stage of our lives. Protein smoothies are an easy and delicious way to boost your intake." Tara Diversi APD DVA's Dietetics Adviser
- 1 banana (frozen works well)
- ¾ cup milk (add more to suit preferred consistency)
- 1 tbsp yoghurt (Natural or Greek)
- 1 tbsp almonds or peanut butter
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Chocolate — add 1 tsp of cacao or cocoa powder
- Berry Protein Bang — add 1/3 cup frozen berries
- Tropical — add 1/3 cup frozen mango
- Espresso hit — add 1 espresso shot or dissolve 1 tsp ground instant coffee in 30mL boiling water
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add more milk if needed or more ice to make it thicker.
- Serve and drink immediately