"Oats are a tasty, highly nutritious food and this recipe incorporates a number of delicious ingredients – ideal for breakfast!" Tara Diversi APD DVA's Dietetics Adviser
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (or ¼ cup rolled oats + 1 weetbix crushed)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- Cinnamon – to taste
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 2/3 cup milk (1 cup if doing weetbix combo)
- 1/4–½ cup frozen berries
Other optional additions
1 tsp natural peanut butter
1 tsp cacao powder
natural or Greek yoghurt to top in the morning
other favourite fruits (such as apple or banana)
- The night before (or 3 hours before), mix all dry ingredients in a portable airtight container.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Either add the fruit on top to soak overnight or add in the morning.
- Serve as is, or with a dollop of yoghurt and fresh fruit in the morning.