Fritatta for two
"Breakfast, lunch or dinner, this quick and easy recipe is the perfect way to sneak in some extra vegetables into your day. Loaded with protein from the eggs, and cheese this dish will certainly satisfy you until your next meal, especially when paired with a slice of multigrain toast for an extra hit of fibre." Tara Diversi APD DVA's Dietetics Adviser
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cubes of frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove, diced finely
- 1 Stem of Shallots
- 4 large mushrooms
- 2 Balls of Bocconcini, sliced
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Handful of basil, roughly chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- In an oven-proof fry pan (preferably deep, and around 20cm diameter) heat oil over a high heat.
- Add mushrooms top down and cook for about 4 minutes. Then turn mushrooms around, add ¼ cup of water and cook covered for another 3–4 minutes until the water evaporates.
- Remove mushrooms from pan, reduce heat to medium and place in shallots and garlic and whisk eggs in the meantime.
- Once eggs are whisked, add spinach to the pan, followed by the eggs, tomato, and basil. Place mushrooms into pan.
- Cook covered on the stove top for about 4–5 minutes until the egg begins to set. While you are waiting for this to cook, preheat the oven on “grill”.
- Once egg begins to set on the stove top, place bocconcini evenly on top of the frittata and move pan into the oven for another 4–5 minutes or until cheese begins to turn golden and melt.
- Cut in half, and serve with extra salad leaves and/or a slice of multigrain toast if desired.