Winter vegetable bowl
"This winter vegetable bowl is the perfect meal to cosy up to no matter the season. Packed with fibre, omega-3 fats, and of course, flavour, this dish will help keep you satisfied long after meal time while also boosting your gut health, and good cholesterol. If you’re looking to reduce the amount of meat you eat each week, this is perfect to add to the rotation as the addition of eggs, nuts, and seeds will ensure that you are still getting protein needed to help keep you full, while reducing the saturated fat that comes with animal products." Tara Diversi APD DVA's Dietetics Adviser
- 2 Cups Brown Rice (cooked)
- ¼ Japanese Pumpkin, cut into 5cmx5cm pieces (skin on)
- 2 bunches of Broccolini, cut into 2cm-long pieces
- 1 Cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Toasted Pepitas
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 60g Marinated Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place pumpkin pieces on an oven tray, season with pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30–40 minutes or until they start to brown slightly and crisp.
- In the meantime, cook rice to packet instructions.
- Depending on how you like your boiled eggs, about 10 minutes before the pumpkin is cooked, place eggs in a covered saucepan over high heat. Once water begins to boil, remove the lid for the saucepan and continue to boil the eggs. (7 minutes for soft-to-med boiled, 10 mins for hard boiled).
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, half the juice of the lemon, and seeded mustard and stir to combine.
- While the eggs are boiling, place a fry pan on high heat and drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil on the pan. After the pan heats up, add the broccolini. Stir broccolini to coat in oil, and squeeze remaining lemon juice over the broccolini in the pan with 2 tbsp of water. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- To serve, evenly distribute the rice, pumpkin pieces, broccolini, walnuts, pepitas, and feta. Place an egg in each bowl and drizzle dressing evenly between each meal.